Personalised Running and Athletics Coaching
Momentum Sports' expert coaching team is here to help you with all your running and athletics needs.
We can help you achieve your best by offering a large number of services tailored to suit every individual's goals and requirements.
Why Momentum Sports can help you
- We've been established since 2000, coaching athletes of all ages and abilities - across all athletics and running events.
- We have one of the strongest coaching teams in the UK, using the latest proven training methods. Working as a team enhances development and innovation, benefitting all athletes.
- All our coaches are fully qualified and insured, with experience of coaching from total beginner to international level athletes.
- We work really hard to identify and improve areas of your training across the board to get the results you want. This is a lot more than just run faster, run longer.
Here is what we have on offer for you.
- Online Coaching - We provide running coaching over the internet, with weekly updates in our online diary and email contact to answer all your queries. We can also analyse your technique with this package if you send us a video.
- Coaching at Kingston Track - We have a large number of athletes of all standards across a range of groups and coaches at Kingsmeadow track in Kingston, both on the track and in the field. We will coach you in this group setting and also provide the individual diary etc provided by our online coaching, if appropriate for you as an individual. All athletes of all standards and ages can be catered for (assuming Kestrel Club - see below - isn't more appropriate). We even have sports therapist support on training nights and access to a free weights gym included in the subs.
- 1 to 1 Coaching - Individual sessions, at a location of your choice can be arranged, to help you improve any aspect of your running. This works particularly well when you are looking to improve your technique, who are a bit nervous about starting or who are very restricted for time. We help athletes, but have also assisted footballers, rugby and hockey players and even ultimate frisbee players with their speed and fitness for their sports. Basically if you need to run faster or for longer, we can help!
- Kestrel Club for U17s - Hugely successful scheme for youngsters in the Kingston area. We have over 150 kids signed up currently and more arriving all the time for what are hugely fun and rewarding sessions. In addition well over 200 athletes have been trained with Kestrels and moved on to our more senior athletics groups afterwards.
- Hurdles Training Sessions on Sundays. - Hurdles sessions designed to work on the technical elements of hurdling. For any athlete who wishes to improve their hurdles technique / stride pattern / starts etc etc, whether you train the rest of the time with us or not.
- Coached Running and Athletics for adults - Two groups aimed at helping total beginners through to established intermediates improve their all round athletics in one and longer distance running in the other, with sessions at 9.00am on Sunday mornings. You'll be put in groups suitable for your goals and abilities, so you will feel comfortable with the training set for you.
- Full Service Running Help - All the benefits of the coaching at Kingston, including the online diary - plus we have created a package of 1 to 1 sessions, sports massage, nutritional advice and gym access to help you get the most from your running. Ideal for the truly dedicated athlete.
- Sports Therapy or Massage - Sports Therapy and massage from James Saunders, our resident sports therapist, whose worked in a variety of sports and brings all that experience to the track to help you.
- Video Analysis - Runners can send up video clips of them in action and we will help with suggestions as to improvements that can be made in technique etc, to help you run faster.
- Momentum Academy - We offer elite athletes additional help where we can, through sponsoring them within our Momentum Academy. Find out more about the benefits and whether you might qualify.
Here is a little bit of what we do at Momentum Sports to show you what we are all about.