Coronavirus and Running / Athletics
2nd Lockdown is here, but we're still helping athletes virtual in the UK and around the world.
After months in lockdown we had gradually and safely, following all government and governing body rules, managed to re-open all of our different athletics groups. It was really exciting to be back. However, we are now back in lockdown until at least the 2nd December. We are told that the track will open again as soon as the government allows, even if the gym on the site isn't able to do so. This is encouraging and we therefore are expecting a return at that date.
It has been a heartbreaking time for everyone and we are all feeling a bit lost. Our primary concern is still fighting this horrible disease and our thoughts are with all those who are fighting the infection or who have lost loved ones.
If you are not currently achieving what you feel is possible, we can help. A bit of expert guidance with your sport can really help and we are here to assist you in any way we can to take you to the next level.
We've spent 20 years helping athletes and many of our coaches are competitors too, so we know how to help. We also know how to help people through hard times, because, although no-one has been through this before, we regularly help, support and bring back to full training athletes who have been ill or injured, or who haven't trained for a period of time.
During lockdown we keep in contact with our athletes almost as much as normal and a lot of our athletes come to us because we know how to help them when they don't have time / availablity to join others in normal times - which was even more true in 2020.
To see all that we have to offer, please go to this page with all our services on it.
Here is a list of things we can offer you
- Online Coaching, via emails and online diary on the site
- Video Analysis of techniques, whether this be running, starts, hurdling, lifting or anything else relating to the sport.
- Sports Therapy Massage Sports Therapy from James Saunders, our resident sports therapist, whose worked in a variety of sports and brings all that experience to the track to help you, via Online video calls.
- 1-2-1 coaching is allowed (currently adults only - but England Athletics will hopefully allow U18s too shortly). We can coach these in person or through Facetime / Facebook Messenger etc.. Remote coaching works through a video screen as if we were face to face.
- Motivation / Planning - if you don't wish to use our full coaching service, we can offer a video chat with on of our senior coaches about how to plan / alter your training at this time
- Advice of specific exercises for strength, power, pre-habilition or endurance, when you have limited space
- School Lesson Plans. We are pleased to announce we have been asked, and can do for other schools, to prepare lesson plans for pupils to do at home. We're told they are loving them.
We can also offer help with the following - please email us about these at email@example.com
For our full coaching menu, please go to Momentum Sports Coaching section.
We have also been releasing more videos to try to help athletes through this time, they are all on our YouTube Channel.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel at:
We have put out "Daily Challenges" to give people something to just mix up their training with a little exercise or set of exercise that can be done at home.
It is even possible to convert a lot of your normal training into training at home or in a small area. Here we have an example of what can be done with hurdles.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions on any of this our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.