Coronavirus and Running / Athletics
We are still open and helping athletes all over the world
Several months into lockdown and life is still very different to before. Organised sport came to a standstill but we're starting to see it slowing starting up again. It has been a heartbreaking time for everyone and we are all feeling a bit lost. Our primary concern is still fighting this horrible disease and our thoughts are with all those who are fighting the infection or who have lost loved ones.
Motivation is a problem for many at the moment, with less access than normal to facilities and competitions.
A friendly contact and a bit of expert guidance with your sport can really help and we are here to assist you in any way we can.
We've spent 20 years helping athletes and many of our coaches are competitors too, so we share your pain. We also know how to help people through hard times, because, although no-one has been through this before, we regularly help, support and bring back to full training athletes who have been ill or injured, or who haven't trained for a period of time.
We continue to work with our athletes as normal, just in smaller groups and not yet back at the track (hopefully this will open again from the 11th or 12th August). We've had much more virtual contact with athletes than normal. We can help you too. A lot of our athletes come to us because we know how to help them when they don't have time / availablity to join others in normal times - which is true for even more people now!
Here is a list of things we can offer you
- Online Coaching, via emails and online diary on the site
- Video Analysis of techniques, whether this be running, starts, hurdling, lifting or anything else relating to the sport.
- Sports Therapy Massage Sports Therapy from James Saunders, our resident sports therapist, whose worked in a variety of sports and brings all that experience to the track to help you, via Online video calls.
- 1-2-1 and small group coaching is back. We can coach these small groups in person or through Facetime / Facebook Messenger etc.. We are very excited that after a long period our running coaching sessions can now start up again, with a limit of 5 athletes and a coach. Remote coaching works through as video screen as if we were face to face.
- Motivation / Planning - if you don't wish to use our full coaching service, we can offer a video chat with on of our senior coaches about how to plan / alter your training at this time
- Advice of specific exercises for strength, power, pre-habilition or endurance, when you have limited space
- School Lesson Plans. We are pleased to announce we have been asked, and can do for other schools, to prepare lesson plans for pupils to do at home. We're told they are loving them.
We can also offer help with the following - please email us about these at firstname.lastname@example.org
For our full coaching menu, please go to Momentum Sports Coaching section.
We have been releasing videos to try to help athletes through this time, they are all on our YouTube Channel.
We have put out "Daily Challenges" to give people something to just mix up their training with a little exercise or set of exercise that can be done at home.
It is even possible to convert a lot of your normal training into training at home or in a small area. Here we have an example of what can be done with hurdles.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions on any of this our email is email@example.com.