Running Training Guide
Here we cover everything you need to know about how to train for running and athletics.
How do you train for your event?
- Event Specific Training - A look at the training needed for individual events.
- Warming Up - Warm up like elite athletes
- Running Drills - Improve your running technique
- Weight Training - Greater strength = Faster Running
- Competition Advice - How to excel on race day
- Circuit Training - Get faster and be less injury prone
- Running Sessions - Race appropriate sessions for you
- Recovery - Most effective recovery techniques
- Injuries and Illness - Coping when things go wrong
In over 200 pages of athletics training techniques and advice for athletes of all standards, we'll guide you through how to train for sprints, middle distance and long distances. This is all based on our experiences of professional athletics coaching for over 20 years, since we set up in February 2000.
Being informed about what you are doing, in any walk of life, is important - and it is no less so with running training. The more knowledge you have, the better you'll be able to achieve all that you hope for.
If there is any information that we don't have that you would like to know about please use the comments link at the bottom of the page and let us know.
To give you a taste of the types of information we try to help people with - here is a quick introductory video on how to do starts. There are many, many more throughout our site and on our Youtube channel - so tuck in and enjoy!
If you like the information contained here and would like to benefit from the experience of the authors, why not have a think about receiving your own, personalised running training program.
Our experienced, professional athletics coaches can help all runners of all abilities with a program, which unlike many training programs available, is not just a pre-defined schedule, it is tailored to your individual progression and needs on an ongoing basis - with e-mail contact available when you need it.
We have helped literally thousands of athletes in this way over more than 20 years we've been established - both with online and in person athletics coaching. We know we can help you get the best from your sport too.